Up with People
Up with People empowers youth to be positive agents of change through music and actions to build a more hopeful trusting and peaceful world! Participants from 20 countries travel to a new destination each week and throughout this journey, they strive to impact the communities they visit through host family stays, cultural exchange, 1,000+ hours of community service, leadership and diversity programming for 2,500+ youth and the international language of music! Proceeds from performances benefit local charities in each city we visit.
With a rich legacy that spans more than 50 years, Up with People has been reaching communities and people across the globe through our music, our message and our service. Our commitment runs deep and our aspirations are bold. We strive to:
1. Increase understanding, respect and dignity for all – We seek to overcome bigotry and break down barriers of culture, race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and economic disparity by using the power of music, education and service.
2. Foster engaged communities – We collaborate with each community we visit, working together to address local issues and form community connections that enhance compassion and trust.
3. Empower youth as positive change agents – We strive to help youth throughout the world become more aware of global and local issues, realize their individual capacity and inspire them to take personal action to make positive change.
4. Build an international network of global citizens – Wherever we travel or our music is heard, we seek to encourage and connect those who yearn for a more peaceful world, respect cultural differences, and act to build trust.?
- UWP Website
- UWP Program Video
- UWP Original Song - Stronger Together
- UWP Community Action Project - Culture Fair
Would you be interested in scheduling a meeting or a presentation?
There are many ways You can get involved with our visit to Ruston!!
The cast will be in Ruston, LA from September 16 to September 23, 2019.
Looking for host families
Up with People host families provide:
- A safe and welcoming environment for UWP students
- A place to sleep
- Breakfast and most dinners
- Local transportation at the beginning and end of each day
- A cultural immersion experience as customs and traditions are shared between your cast member and your family
- The opportunity to serve your community, working side by side with your cast member in volunteer projects
- New connections that often develop into lifelong friendships
- Two complimentary Up with People show tickets
That would require a lunch to feed cast mates during there week in Ruston
Looking for facilities
A meeting point for the cast and staff to meet during the week
And a SHOW
Invite People who would love to come out to an up with people concert
$50 VIP (Includes reception & reserved seating)