We Are Ruston Strong: Call for Ruston Strong Stories
From the 2019 tornado to the 2020 hurricanes and Covid-19 pandemic, the citizens of Ruston have faced many challenges but have proven to be resilient, compassionate, and strong. In honor of the strength of our community, Ruston Artisans has partnered with Ashley Greer, the local artist who created the “Ruston Strong” mural (After a Storm) located on the Jaco Federal Credit Union building, to provide an opportunity for the community to share stories of perseverance and love of our community and each other.
Join us in celebrating your neighbors, friends, and family by telling us your inspiring Ruston Strong stories.
Submit your story, or another’s story, for a chance to win a prize, be featured in the media, and win “Ruston Strong” merchandise.
Submission due by January 15, 2021
Ruston Strong Stories should include:
• How you define “Ruston Strong”
• A person who you would like to nominate who exemplifies “Ruston Strong”
• A time you participated in a community-wide project (such as disaster relief, food drives, etc.
Fill out the form at the link below and tell us your Ruston Strong Story by January 15, 2021 for your chance to win:
• An original Ashley Greer painting
• $100 gift card to Ruston Artisans
• “Ruston Strong” merchandise by artist Ashley Greer
• Featured in Ashley’s Greer’s “After the Storm” promotional video
• Second and third place will also receive a prize
Eligibility, Rules, and Calendar:
• Nominee must live, work, or actively participate in the Ruston community
• Must be 8yrs + to apply (parental approval is required, and waiver must be signed)
• Only one submission per applicant
• If nominating someone else, applicant must have written authorization from the person he or she is writing about
• Must agree to the terms of the campaign
• Submissions must include a written statement or video:
December 15, 2020 – January 15, 2021:
Submit story in video or written form
• Min 250 words or 2 min.
• Max. 600 words or 5 min.
February 1, 2021: Winners will be notified
February 15 – May 15, 2021: Interviews will be conducted, media appearances will be held, and photos will be take.
Click on the form, call us, or DM us for more details. We are so excited to hear your stories!