The Civil/Structural Engineer (CSA) position is a direct-hire position working for HGA at the HGA office in either Ruston, Shreveport, or The Woodlands, TX.
CIVIL/STRUCTURAL ENGINEER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversees and is responsible for the CSA technical aspects of the projects.
• Assume leadership of a project team as a lead engineer and coordinate the design aspects of the projects. This includes the generation of calculations and design drawings as well as field work.
• Assess the requirements of a project, break a project into tasks, and work with other engineers to help with the determining of scope of work, budget and staffing.
• Prepare engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyze operation of existing systems.
• Checks all technical calculations and drawings for accuracy.
• Write scope of work for design based on preliminary review and meetings with the client.
• Prepare or review construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
• Maintains communications between other engineers and other disciplines to assure schedule and budget accuracy
• Responsible for man hour budget and schedule.
• Generates all appropriate discipline communication records for proper dissemination of project information.
Civil/Structural Engineer Position Requirements:
• Knowledge of engineering design principles and practices as spelled out in the codes and standards
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
• Professional Engineering registration is required
• Minimum of 8+ years experience in Civil Structural design and calculations for steel and reinforced concrete using manual and computer methods
• Knowledge of engineering practices, design details, codes and standards, procedures, and specifications including AISC, ACI, IBC, ASCE 7, and others.
• Experience with a consulting engineering firm
• Generate of calculations for civil/structural projects. (Foundations and Steel)
• Demonstrated ability to manage engineering projects using multi-discipline engineering
• Knowledge and experience in engineering design and construction projects.
• A high degree of capability in engineering management, communications, client relationship, and team management skills
• Able to obtain field information and site investigation at operating plant or construction site.
• Able to climb ladders, work on elevated levels, clear close and distance vision and able to focus.
• Proficiency in STAAD Pro, MS Excel, MS outlook, MS Windows, and MS Word is required.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD 2018 and 3-D drawing is a plus.
• CSA Engineer candidates must be located within daily commuting distance of Ruston, Shreveport, or The Woodlands.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled