Sr. Mechanical/Piping Designer
The Senior Mechanical / Piping Designer / Checker is a direct-hire position working for HGA at our office in Ruston, LA, Shreveport, LA, and Houston, TX.
The Senior Mechanical / Piping Designer / Checker position requires extensive knowledge of engineering design principles and practices. Assumes responsibility for technical accuracy and constructability of finished designs.
Senior Mechanical / Piping Designer Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interprets and analyzes general design provided by engineers.
• Mentors less experienced designers and drafters
• Communicates the design process with assigned discipline and coordinates work with other disciplines on assigned projects
• Prepares detailed design for engineer’s approval.
• Familiar with principals of pipe stress and coordinating analysis with Engineer.
• Assumes responsibility for technical accuracy and constructability of finished designs.
• Communicates and works closely with all disciplines.
• Review vendor equipment drawings.
• Develops layouts from job scope and vendor information.
• Checks and reviews shop drawings from equipment suppliers.
• Develops estimates for new work using scope of work and drawings.
• May supervise and furnish work for designers and other drafting personnel.
Senior Mechanical / Piping Designer Education and/or Experience:
• Technology training in Drafting and design from an accredited school. Associate’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 15 years’ design experience. Industries such as chemical, wood products, oil & gas, and pulp & paper are a plus.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience utilizing AutoCAD.
• Ability to utilize CadWorx Software. (Plant and Equipment) preferred
• Experience utilizing point cloud data. (CloudWorx a plus)
• Experience with a consulting engineering firm preferred.
• Proficient in use of MS Windows, MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word.
• Capable of performing design field work as required in an industrial facility. This includes field walks, climbing stairs and ladders.
• Ability to delegate and manage time and resources efficiently.
• Candidates must be within daily commuting distance of Shreveport, Ruston, or The Woodlands.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled